Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh the places Sam will go…

We’ve done the Elf on the Shelf for about two years now and up to now we really haven’t been very creative. It wasn’t until I saw some really creative ideas on another site that I started realizing the potential of the Elf.

The kids named our elf Sam. I don’t remember the why, but that was the name they came up with together. Sam had been hiding in different spots around the house, but he wasn’t overly adventurous.

This year, I decided that Sam was going to be a little mischievous. And the kids have loved it. As a matter of fact, this past Sunday morning my son got up at 4 a.m. to try to hunt Sam down. (We had a talk; I hope this doesn’t happen again.) They have been telling everyone that will listen that “Sam has gone CRAZY and doing funny things this year.”

I tracked some of the ideas that I found online and figured out the best way to apply them to our home. Here are my Top 5 Sam Adventures:

Number 5: Gone Fishing



He caught a goldfish!!


Number 4: Poker Night



I secretly believe that Sam was cheating, but really don’t have proof.

Number 3: Joyride!



Princess Aurora and Sam were out partying all night. My daughter thinks they eloped.


Number 2: Mission Impossible



I hummed the theme song as we were getting this together. Hanging on by a thread as Sam climbs across our kitchen.

Number 1: Revenge!     



The kids thought it was hysterical that Sam TP’d the Christmas tree.

Sam’s hijacked the stockings, spent the night in the fridge, and took a nap in a tissue box. I’m starting to run out of ideas. Anyone out there got some good ones I can use?

Reace Alvarenga-Smith is a Public Relations Manager for Texas Health Resources and mother of two.


No comments:

Post a Comment