Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fish Sticks. It’s What’s for Dinner.

I have tried more times than I can count to get my little guys to eat their veggies. I’ve hid carrots in macaroni and cheese, challenged them to veggie eating contests where the winner takes a prize, poured ranch dressing and/or ketchup on anything green and even tried to convince them that Special Agent Oso always eats his vegetables. But, I have failed.

The only vegetables I can get my two-year-olds to eat are potatoes and sweet potatoes.  Even then I must cut them to look like French fries. That’s not all. I have one little guy who won’t touch protein unless it’s yogurt or fish sticks. Needless to say, we eat lots of fish sticks. I’ll admit this isn’t the healthiest protein out there, but at least it’s protein.

Is this normal? Do other mothers out there share my frustration of trying to feed your kids healthy, well-balanced meals only to throw away half of the nutritious food you cooked? Is there anything I can do or is this just a phase I have to ride out?

I’d love to hear tips from other mothers whose kids have their veggies and eat them too.

Ashley Antle spends her days managing the adventures of her two-year-old twin boys Nathan and Caden, and feels blessed to have the constant support of her husband Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment